Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Fight

http://lisajobaker.com/2014/01/five-minute-friday-fight/


"Fight the good fight."  Those were the first words that came to my mind when I saw the topic for this Five Minute Friday.  What is the good fight?  Of course in scripture it refers to fighting for what we believe; and believe me, that can be a fight. Going against the mainstream--you had better believe it.  And it just gets harder every year.  Just try to raise kids who have a good faith and morals--even if you have them in church they are constantly surrounded by worldly music, girls who do weird "dance" moves on award shows and are talked about everywhere you turn, and my absolute favorite--bumper stickers with very choice words.  Yeah, I want to fight--fight all of it.

But the truth is, I get so tired.  Just bone weary of constantly swimming upstream.  I still swim (cue Dory, "Keep on swimming, keep on swimming. . ." ahem).  But many, oh so many times I just want to quit.  Thank God He didn't quit on us.  Thank God that He fights for us.  The God of angel armies is ALWAYS on our side.

3 comments:

  1. "Just bone weary of constantly swimming upstream." Yes. Yes. This is so where I am. Thank you for being honest, but also for reminding me that God still fights for us. And that He is on our side. It reminded me that He wins. It's worth the fight - because it is the right fight. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, this is very true. There is a struggle to fight against the tide of society for our children. I'm glad that God fights for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, am so thankful that God fights for us, for if He can be for us, who can be against us. But, I know, deep in my heart, that He will win the fight for my children. I will keep praying and fighting for them, though. Every day. Every hour.

    ReplyDelete