Thursday, September 19, 2013

Five Minute Friday: She


She has always, in a way, been a part of my life.  When I was a little girl, I would pretend, I would play, I would hope, I would dream. I always longed for her.

As I got older, my thoughts for her became stronger, more concrete. She took on a name long before she could be named.

When she did come to be, she became a prayer, "Lord, please let her be healthy, strong, whole, sweet-spirited, happy."

She came into the world ten days "late." She looked like a little chicken with big eyes, and she was mine. She was my dreams come true. She was a fulfillment of a long-lived, strong desire.

She was beautiful.  She had hair that looked like it was on fire when she was in the sun. She had the palest, prettiest skin. She had a little up-turned nose and a Mickey Mouse voice.

She was strong. She amazed me over and over again. She is so much more confident than I will ever be. She has a sweet-spirit, but can hold her own. She does not bend to fit in anyone's mold.

She is growing up much too fast, time is now so short. Now I watch her as she becomes the young woman that she will be. I want to jump in and rescue her from life's heartaches, but I must hold back and let her learn and grow on her own. And she is doing such a great job.

I love her so much.

She is my daughter.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome. I feel the exact same way about my little girl! Blessings to you and so thankful I stopped by from FMF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh' it is so hard to watch them make the same mistakes we did! Great write about your sweet girl! And thanks for jumping over to my blog. Yes us moms can really get things off to a hard start. hugs FMF friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the gifts God blesses us with never cease to amaze me! I'm so glad that you have a daughter--they teach us so much about the tender heart of God as he sees US struggle. My oldest baby got married this summer--it's so crazy to see how quickly they grow, how deeply they watch, how hard they fall, and how, if we do it right, they learn to lean on Jesus and take flight with out us. I"m glad I stopped by from FMF :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to hold back when we want to jump in and save them, isn't it? As they grow up (mine is 20) it becomes even hard to let them go but trust that you have trained them right and God is always watching over them

    ReplyDelete